Commercial Contract Wallcovering
We have thousands of patterns of commercial wall covering waiting to ship to your jobsite as low as $4/yard. Let our on staff designer’s help you select the perfect wall covering for your project.
Where To Use Commercial Contract Papers
Since there are many different types of wallcoverings on the market—some for very specific uses—it is important to understand the qualities of each type and in what type of environment the wallcoverings will be used.
Things to Consider
- When selecting wallcoverings the first variable to consider is the amount of traffic the area will receive.
- Paper and natural wallcoverings are most appropriate where traffic is minimal. They are more delicate than their vinyl counterparts yet offer ample durability and a special style to a variety of placements.
- Vinyl and synthetic textiles, with their maximum durability and ease of cleaning, are especially appropriate for hospitals, sporting arenas, schools and other high traffic situations.
- While wallcoverings are categorized by residential and contract segments, it is not uncommon to use residential wallcoverings in contract settings, like assisted living facilities for a homey feel, for instance, or to use contract wallcoverings in some of today’s more avant-garde homes.
Commercial Contract wallcoverings are produced specifically for use in hotels, apartment buildings, office buildings, retail outlets, schools and hospitals. They are manufactured to meet or surpass minimum physical and performance characteristics set forth in Federal Specifications CCC-W-408.
The most popular types of wallcoverings for contract installations are as follows:
- Vinyl Coated Paper – wallcoverings that have a paper substrate on which the decorative surface has been sprayed or coated with an acrylic type vinyl or polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- Paper Backed Vinyl/Solid Sheet Vinyl – wallcoverings that have a paper (pulp) substrate laminated to a solid decorative surface. These types of wallcoverings are very durable since the decorative surface is a solid sheet of vinyl. They are classified as scrubbable and peelable.
- Fabric Backed Vinyl – wallcoverings that have a woven substrate of fabric or a nonwoven synthetic substrate. In either case, the substrate is laminated to a solid vinyl decorative surface.
General categories of these types of wallcoverings include:
- Type I (Light Duty) – For use in office areas, hospital patient rooms, and hotel rooms. Also intended for ceilings and areas of light abrasion.
- Type II (Medium/Heavy Duty) – For use in foyers, lounges, corridors and classrooms, or areas of average to heavy scuffing. Can also be used as wainscot.
Shelby Paint & Decorating’s Wallpaper Price Match Guarantee
Simply bring a printed quote from a competitor we will match the price. Quote must include shipping, handling & other charges.
Sign Up For Our Color Club Today!
Sign up for the Shelby Paint & Decorating Color Club to receive news on specials, promotions, and more. It's free and full of valuable coupons, tips, and more!
Join Our Most Valuable Painter Club!
For professional licensed painters only. Stay informed, earn rewards & get exclusive discounts!